Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Friday started off with a bang. I went to Georgia Tech to meet with some folks that are using a piece of software that the OITS is considering purchasing. Being the skeptic that I am after the L****** fiasco, I voted to see the product in person, and not get sucked into a sales pitch that promises the world and delivers nothing. The highlight of the day was getting to see Mark again and catching up over a free lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express (courtesy Debye). Since I am salary, I got paid to enjoy myself Friday. That evening I had to rush to Covington Ga by 6:30 to take the dogs to a training class. I was by myself since Kristin was in Macon at a rehearsal dinner for her best friend Lisa.

Saturday morning, I was back in Conyers to see my brother graduate from Salem High School. Looking at the program, I only recognized a few teachers from 2002 when I graduated from the same High School. It was a little emotional to see my little brother get his High School degree. I suppose it made me realize that I am getting older now that he is closing that gap. Who would have known that we would both be in college at the same time? Saturday afternoon had me rushing to Macon in the backseat of John’s car as Tom-Tom spewed off directions. We had to make it to John (different John) and Lisa’s wedding by 2:00. John made it there without getting a speeding ticket, or body damage to his car (congratulations!) It was an interesting wedding with movie soundtracks as the background music. Congratulations to Lisa and John and I wish them the best of luck. John, I would cut and serve your wedding cake for you anytime – don’t thank me!

Sunday afternoon we went to Kristin’s folks house for a Memorial Day BBQ. I got to see my grandma again, after ditching her at the Graduation when I was cutting it close on time. I felt so bad about that. I had second helpings, then thirds and three pieces of pie and cake for dessert. That was kinda stupid on my part because the remainder of the evening consisted of me sitting on a couch and staring at a wall trying not to be sick. Well, at least the food was good.

Today I slept in, and woke up with Bacon, Garlic Cheese biscuits, and White Tea. I got to spend the day with my wife, and we just relaxed for the first time in a long time. My parents stopped by briefly to take some measurements for my Grandma’s sewing projects. For dinner, Kristin made a whole grain Italian orzo with sauteed mushrooms and onion, deglazed with white wine, and I cooked New York Steakhouse, with Montreal dry rub marinated steaks on the grill.

The festivities have to end sometime I suppose, and I will have to wake back up to reality tomorrow morning and go back into work.

I hope everyone’s Memorial Day was as great as mine. Thanks John for convincing me not to work! (as I am sure would have). See everyone tomorrow.


1 Comment

  1. Johnathon says:

    That’s a lot of John’s! I’m glad that you had a great weekend and it all ended up nicely. Now you get to look forward to the grueling agony of helping my move. 😛 It won’t be all bad, as you’ll at least get a free breakfast out of it.


Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.