A Baptism by Fire
Yesterday began my supervision of the HUB, for what will hopefully be a long an prosperious reign. Well, just kidding. Things went well though, and I realize that I have fun helping people out. My isolation with coding has made me forget this important fact about myself.
Saturday, Kristin cooked some mashed potatoes on the stovetop at the apartment, and the fire alarm for the whole building went off. We ended up with the sprinklers going off on the first floor (we are on the 4th) and four firetrucks, and police and ambulances showing up to witness the spectacle. I am still not sure what happened, but I did smell smoke (and as much as a I tease, it wasn’t from Kristin’s cooking). The building stands, and no emergency plan to evacuate her dozens of animals had to be executed. Think of Pee-Wee Herman saving the snakes from the burning Pet Shop – that would have been me.
In other non-pyro-centric news, my Grandmother is down to stay with us for a few weeks. She comes down every year for what started as babysitting my brother and me, and stays in the extra bedroom. The irony of her visit, is neither Jeffrey nor I really get to see her that much, as we are never at the house anymore.
Well, I am tired of typing so rot your brains on this